MESMA is both a QGIS plugin and stand-alone python package that implements the MESMA (Multiple Endmember Spectral Mixture Analysis) unmixing algorithm in the field of Remote Sensing.
It is based on VIPER Tools: a software package written for ENVI/IDL and released in 2007. Several updates have been released since and now it has been ported to PyQGIS in the period 2017 - 2020. The original VIPER Tools is now split over two python/QGIS tools: Spectral Library Tool and MESMA.
- Spectral Library Tool provides the following:
- Creating spectral libraries interactively (selecting spectra from an image or using regions of interest) and managing the metadata (developed by HU Berlin)
- Optimizing spectral libraries with Iterative Endmember Selection, Ear-Masa-Cob or CRES
- Website: <https://spectral-libraries.readthedocs.io>
- Repository: https://bitbucket.org/kul-reseco/spectral-libraries
- MESMA provides the following:
The software has now been developed in the open source environment to encourage further development of the tool.
PLEASE GIVE US CREDIT
When using the MESMA tool, please use the following citation:
Crabbé, A. H., Somers, B., Roberts, D. A., Halligan, K., Dennison, P., Dudley, K. (2020). MESMA QGIS Plugin (Version x) [Software]. Available from https://bitbucket.org/kul-reseco/mesma.
The software and user guide are based on VIPER Tools 2.0 (UC Santa Barbara, VIPER Lab): Roberts, D. A., Halligan, K., Dennison, P., Dudley, K., Somers, B., Crabbe, A., 2018, Viper Tools User Manual, Version 2, 91 pp.
- MESMA is also using two python packages developed by Benjamin Jakimow and Andreas Rabe:
This revision is funded primarily through BELSPO (the Belgian Science Policy Office) in the framework of the STEREO III Programme – Project LUMOS - SR/01/321.
Logo’s were created for free at https://logomakr.com.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License (COPYING.txt). If not see www.gnu.org/licenses.